Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy was established in 1997 by the Vokkaligara Sangha with the vision of providing quality medical education and clinical exposure to all students. The college emphasizes on the changing global healthcare scenario and focuses on the importance of physical rehabilitation especially for the disabled.
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy is ranked among the top physiotherapy colleges in Karnataka.
- Approved by the Government of Karnataka
- Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka
- Accredited Grade ‘A’ by NAAC
The eligibility for admission to Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy:
- The candidate should have passed in 10+2 (or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects from a recognized College/University
- Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Why should one choose Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy for BPT?
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy is one of the most renowned colleges in Bangalore. It is the best college for BPT course because:
- The course curriculum provides a strong academic foundation
- The college has the latest infrastructure
- The college has advanced and well-equipped laboratories
- The college provides state-of-the-art facilities that ensure an all-round learning experience
- Advanced methods of teaching through digitalization and technology-enabled classrooms
- The college is associated with the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hospital where BPT students can pursue internships and gain hands-on training and practice
- The college has an excellent Placement Department in association with popular hospitals and healthcare centres
- The primary focus is on clinical practice and medical research
- Co-curricular and cultural activities are encouraged to promote skills beyond academics and treatment
- Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy is located in the heart of Bangalore
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy is located in V V Puram and is well connected via road, air, rail and bus. It is located 5.1 km from Bengaluru City Railway Station (SBC) and 38.7 km from Kempegowda International Airport (KIA).
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy offers the following facilities for its students and faculty:
- Central Library with more than 21,500 books, 10,150 bound volumes, e-books, journals and periodicals
- Reference Library with a collection of national and international journals, publications and internationally recognized Physiotherapy books
- “HELINET” Consortium with more than 300 high quality journals in e-versions
- Computers with internet accessibility and facilities for CD-ROM with research citations and abstracts for data collection
- Reading Room for staff, students and interns
- Video and audio LCD Projector Room
- Computer Room with Medlar and internet facility
- Spacious Classrooms
- KIMS Co-operative Society for requirement of books, stationary and other articles at concessional prices
- High-speed Wi-Fi connectivity
- Cafeteria - three cafeterias with meals and refreshments
- Hostels – for boys and girls
- Indoor and Outdoor Sports Facilities
- Well-equipped Gym
- Transport - one mini bus and two Maruthi vans
- Bank - Syndicate Bank
- Medical Facility