The Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) is a 2-years post graduate course that is divided into 4-semesters. The MPT course lays detailed emphasis on the techniques including both modern techniques and natural ones.
- The course is the advanced study of physiotherapy that deals with various healthcare aspects like improving muscle strength, operations, bone strength etc.
- The course allows you to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge along with an experience in the field of physiotherapy.
- The course curriculum of MPT allows you to gain a strong hold of physiotherapy aspects in various fields.
Specialisations available for Physiotherapy Courses
The physiotherapy course has diversified into different specialisations according to the industry requirements, they are:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders & Sports Physiotherapy
- Neurological & Psychosomatic Physiotherapy
- Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Community Rehabilitation Physiotherapy
- Paediatrics Physiotherapy
- Community Physiotherapy
- Orthopaedic Physiotherapy
- Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy
Musculoskeletal Disorders & Sports (MSDs)
- The Musculoskeletal Disorders or MSDs are injuries and disorders that are caused due of the physical injury during the sports
- The MSD ideally affects the human musculoskeletal system that may be fatal if not treated in time
- The musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) show a wide range of ailments that are affecting the soft tissues of the musculoskeletal systems, including tendons, ligaments, cartilage, muscles, and nerves
- The students with this MSD specialisations are given specific training on musculoskeletal functionality and treatments like emergency fixation, emergency medicine etc
- The students with MSD specialisations are largely hired by sports companies and sports sponsors across the globe
- The students of MSD specialisations are given specialised knowledge about treatment of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports Physiotherapy techniques
- The students of MSD learn in detail about the treatments of the injuries and conditions that affect the muscles, soft tissues or joints during sports injuries
- The students of MSD are also given a detailed understanding of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, surgical and medical conditions of a patient.
Neurological & Psychosomatic disorder
- The Neurological & Psychosomatic Disorder is one of the popular specialisations chosen by many physiotherapy students
- The Neurological and Psychosomatic disorder basically deals with the disorders caused by the neurological system of human body
- The neurological and psychosomatic disorder or a disease which involves both mind and body simultaneously
- The main aim of this specialisation is that it trains the students to rehabilitate the patients with neurological & psychosomatic disorders using the techniques of physiotherapy
- The MPT Neurological & Psychosomatic students are trained on both psychological and physical physiotherapy techniques
- The Cardio-respiratory specialisation gives an in-depth knowledge of the diagnosis and study of coronary diseases, artery diseases, congenital diseases, heart defects and valvular heart diseases
- The term cardiorespiratory disease describes a range of conditions that affect the heart and lungs.
- The cardiorespiratory organs are closely connected, and a problem in one can spill over to the other and can be fatal if not treated on-time
- The cardio-respiratory specialisation trains the students to diagnose the problems of restricted blood circulation, problems in heart valves, damage to muscle tissues and pericardium problems
- The Community rehabilitation specialisation students are trained to provide psychological rehabilitation in the underprivileged communities by applying physiotherapy techniques
- The community rehabilitation specialisation students are given training to conduct community psychotherapy treatments simultaneously
- This includes, for example, equal access to health care, education, skills training, employment, family life, social mobility and political empowerment
- The Community Rehabilitation specialisation course develops the physiotherapy skills, communication skills, clinical management, health promotion and primary care in the students, so that they can have better understanding of the community behaviours and react accordingly
- The Paediatric Physiotherapy is the field of medicine that is concerned with the health of infants, children, and adolescents; their growth and development; and their opportunity to achieve full potential as adults
- The Paediatrics Physiotherapy basically trains the students to give physiotherapy treatments for children below 10 years
- The Paediatric Physiotherapy course is mainly focused on the development of the physical health of children like early detection of problems and treatments, especially with concerns such as body postures and main motor skills etc
- Paediatric Physiotherapy also takes care of developmental disorders and brain and nervous system complications.
- The Community Physiotherapy specialisation focuses on extended physiotherapy skills, communication skills, clinical management, health promotion and primary care in underprivileged communities
- The Community physiotherapy specialisation basically deals with the physiotherapy treatments that are to be carried out in the communities which do not have proper access to the healthcare
- The community physiotherapist visits the patient in the community and gives services for free or a lesser price on behalf of NGOs and non-profit organisations
- The Community Physiotherapy specialisation students are trained to provide physiotherapy sessions in community centres
- The Community Physiotherapy specialisation students are also trained about community rehabilitation, disability theories and practices, and so on
- The Community Physiotherapy specialisation students are trained to become physiotherapists with specialised knowledge in community-based rehabilitation
- The Orthopaedic Physiotherapy is a specialisation of physiotherapy that deals with the treatment of the musculoskeletal system disorder such as Injury or trauma in the muscles and bones in the body
- The Orthopaedic Physiotherapy course gives the training on various analytical, evidence and hands-on experience of pharmacology, surgery, Medical ethics related to Physiotherapy
- The Orthopaedic Physiotherapy students are given the practical and theoretical knowledge that is required to become physiotherapists in the Ortho field
- The Orthopaedic Physiotherapy course includes the study of sprains, fractures, repetitive injuries in any part of the musculoskeletal system and also disorders, infections related to musculoskeletal system of human body
- The Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy is a branch of physiotherapy, that relates to the physiotherapy treatments for heart and lungs
- The Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy course is designed to prepare candidates with the method of treatment that is exuberating with the cardiological problem, therapies on the human heart.
- The Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy course gives a detailed study for the students, to perform various kinds of actions that can be made on the heart to make it more efficient and healthier
- The Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy course is designed to provide in-depth knowledge, information, techniques and about the activities associated with Physiotherapy in Cardiopulmonary system of the human body
Physiotherapy is gaining a lot of importance by the students who are interested in joining the medical field without an MBBS degree. The MPT degree has come up with diverse specialisations according to the latest need of the day. The branch of physiotherapy is widening day by day with more and more job roles being created in the field. Today the MPT specialisations are specific to specific job roles. More specific roles are expected to be created in the next 5 to 10 years.